Its been four long and succesful years since i started off the stint as an IT professional... Yes it was 4 years ago this day, that the batch of 24 ( Later to be named as Syncredibles) joined the Initial Training Program of Syntel India Ltd.
In the infinitessimally cold basement training rooms, of Syntel, 21 Mount Road, Saidapet Chennai, a wonderful friendship was forged between 24 people and their 2 trainers..Great friendships..I'm proud to say, which have withstood all the Borsalino test of time and circumstances.. Great friendships, which makes all of us to reach out for one another, this particular day, to revive the memoreis of those 3 months well spent..beautiful memories, which adds colour to our yesterdays.
We had our own promo also..'Consider IT Fun'..which was a punch on the original one of the company -Consider IT Done.
Since then, I have revisited more than 1000 times,the entries made in my diary during those days. There are the first words and letters of Tamil that I learned, which Princy used to very patiently teach me.
There are the wonderful memories of womens hostel in Adayar, It's terrace and balcony, where i spent hours in the night glued to my mobile. The pizza hut in Adayar, were we used to burn our money and time...The countless trips to Besant Nagar beach..
CA realia, Quizes, last minute studies, copying, Softskills training,waiting for the project, the heartbreaks over going to Mumbai, the annual day,Final case study..Hotel Sangeetha in Adayar, where we used to have 'Blind love mixed with Honey' ( a popular icecream flavour)..
The final farewell party at the Dhabba, the big soft toy I got as my Birthday gift, our team winning the cricket match.......
When I start writing, the memories, still evergreen in my heart, come rushing in..
Over the years changes have come over everyone. Quite a few of us have quit Syntel and Joined other companies. Some are married, and some already with kids.
I was the first one to send out the group mail this year..Thought that most people would have forgotten about all that. was really surprised to hear from quite a few, that they wanted to be sending the first emails..Keep up the good spirit guys.. Let us hold those memories very dear to our heart..
Couldn't help thinking about my life as well..I feel like laughing now, when I think of the old me, who was scared of even my own shadow..I have come a long way, and Im really proud of being what I am, and what I could achieve in the past 4 years..There were lots more that could have been done, but staisfied with what I have gained.
This batch gave me some of the finest of friends, who played vital roles in shaping my destiny...
Gave me some of the best moments of my life..
However far we are, I'm thankful to God that this one day unites us together, gives us a chance to retrospect on our memories, and provides us the helping hand to plough on..
Long live Syncredibles.
Long live the Syncredible Spirit
No comments:
Post a Comment