Waiting for update from people is such a painfull thing.If there 's only a single task to be completed, its fine.Today, I have got too many of those little little totally unrelated ones to be completed and all of them pointing in every imaginable direction.
There is one report to be send out for L&D which I have been following up for ages, and just now it was send across to me sans the one column which is relevant for me.After the gentleman in
L & D UK comes up with sensible reports,I have to consolidate and send them across to my L & D counterpart in Chennai so that she can come up with learning plans devised to screw up our appraisals for the next quarter.
Then there is this weird project for which even the end users are not clear of the requirements. Almost every other call has ended in nothingness, without anyone getting even one penny worth of information.I quite belive that this one is Jinxed, like couple of other pixie projectsthat I handled.We 've had a flurry of development leads and TDM's running in and out.Now myself and S are more or less screwed to it.
We've grinded and filtered the requirements a zillion times and have packedthe dust and bits off to business for their final approval.Still waiting for someone to come up with the approvals.
Then there's this BJR for another one, that keeps creating funny unidentified reports.( For once, the JCL's are choosing to be proactive I guess).Need to follow up on that, and need to fall at the Test leads feet for the approval for Defect Tracking excel.I have already send 3-4 emails, and made couple of courtesy calls to his desk to prompt him into action, but nothing seems to be working.
Above all have commited myself to a 4 day trip to paris, for whichI should hunt and come up with documents, before the friday appoinment with the French consulate.
Over all this, I 'm having a 'Near the corridor' seat which exposes me ( and my PC) to everyone who is passing by..something not to be preferred when you dont have anything interesting to do.
I opened a mainframe screen and typed F7 F8 for almost an hour, spoke to my parents and scores of others whom I never really had a chance to speak tofor the past couple of months.There is another one hour meeting coming up and nearly 2 more hours to while away, before the day ends.
GRRRRRRRRRR..feeling angry and irritated, at having to depend on so many people to complete what I am supposed to do.
1 comment:
follow ups and getting the work done is what you learn @ onsite. Probably you have to come up with something new techniques to get the work done a little faster
Post a Comment